Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy Halloween! (Long Time No Post)

Hello friends and family!

It's been over two years since I last posted anything here. Oh the shame!

My third Halloween has come and gone at LCI and our school does Halloween really big.  The entire week leading up to Halloween is spirit week complete with crazy hair day, sports day, pajama day, and backwards day.  I rocked crazy hair day with a long and curly fire-engine red wig.  I was surprised how many of my students seemed to think my hair grew a foot and changed color overnight.  My second grade class didn't believe I was wearing a wig until I took it off as proof.







I was busy decorating the classroom all week with my student's artwork, and some of my own, for the classroom decorating contest.  We made masking tape mummies, witches, ghost windsocks and some jack-o-lanterns.  All the time I invested definitely paid off because I won the competition and the kids enjoyed all the decor.  Give me some construction paper, scissors and glue and I'm a happy camper.



The Thursday before Halloween all the teachers stayed late and decorated the entire school for the big party the next day.  The school director bought us lots of pizza and beer for dinner.  Ashley and I were in charge of turning the play gym into a creepy haunted house for the kids.  We blocked out all of the light using big black sheets and black paper.  After the transformation was complete, we ventured through the obstacles we created and got a little scared ourselves.    ^^

Halloween day finally came and I transformed into Minnie Mouse, ears and all.  I think my students enjoyed my costume but kept calling me Mickey Mouse.  For some reason, my students all think Mickey and Minnie Mouse are both called Mickey.  Mystery still unsolved.  In my class I had two Batmans, a Spiderman, a Power Ranger, a blue Ninjago and a witch.  Too cute for words, but getting six little people to pose nicely together for a good picture is nearly impossible.


Ashley and I hid in the haunted house for almost two hours and scared all the students who dared to enter.  I had a lot of fun jumping out from behind a black curtain and yelling, "Boo!" It's really enjoyable to see which kids are brave enough to enter the haunted house and if they can make it all the way through.  There are five boys and just one girl, Hayun, in my kinder class this year.  The boys like to act tough, but when it came time for the Haunted House, Hayun was the only one to fearlessly enter and conquer the darkness.  All the fun came with a price, though.  Ashley and I are now covered in bruises from crawling around in the plastic tubes.  But given the chance I'd do it all again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment